Skip to main content
Service of Process
Service of Process Home
Statutes and Regulations
Search Service of Process
Service of Process Unit
Secretary of State Home
Secretary of State Site Map
Mobile Friendly Site
Please be advised that extreme weather conditions are expected in the Triangle area Thursday, February 26, 2015, that will likely prevent staff from traveling to their work stations in Raleigh. Due to lingering effects of the winter storm, we expect to continue to be at reduced staffing levels on Friday, February 27 and until travel conditions improve in the metro-Triangle area. If you need to visit our offices for service, we strongly encourage you to call (919) 807-2225 before making the trip to ensure that we have staff on hand to meet your needs. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Statutes and Regulations On Service of Process
2. NCGS 54-164: "Merger or consolidation of domestic and foreign associations" - specifically Cooperative Associations.
1. NCGS 53-208.29: "Appointment of Secretary of State as agent for service of process".
3. NCGS 55D-33: "Service on business entities" - specifically business entities of record in North Carolina.
4. NCGS 58-1-20: "Real Property Warranties".
5. NCGS 58-28-40: "Service of Process on Secretary of State as agent for unauthorized company" - specifically insurance.
6. NCGS 75E-8: "Designation of Secretary of State for service" - specifically Control Share Acquisitions.
7. NCGS 59-907: "Transaction of business without Registration" - specifically limited partnerships.
Click here for help downloading forms.
This website is provided to the public as a part of the Secretary of State Knowledge Base (SOSKB) system. Version: 5301