North Carolina Board of Architecture
Established by legislative action in 1915 with the sole
charge of protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Firm/CE Compliance Administrator
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional
business entity license through the NC Board of Architecture.
PLEASE REFER TO THE NC BOARD OF ARCHITECTURE'S WEBSITE FOR EXPLANATIONS OF TYPES
OF LICENSES AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION.
Bookmark the link to the NC Board of Architecture for your future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the
Forms link on the Corporations Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application from the
forms link on the NC Board of Architecture web site.
- Submit Board of Architecture application, required Supporting documentation and
payment in the amount Of $75 to the NC Board of Architecture.
- The Board of Architecture will examine both documents and if sufficient, will provide
a certification letter.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board's certification letter to the
Corporations Division of the Secretary of State's Office for filing with either
$125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving
a Certificate of Authority.
- For North Carolina Entities: Return a filed
copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from this office along with the
Part II application (as provided by the Board of Architecture) to the Board of Architecture.
The Board will then issue the license.
- For Foreign Entities: Return a filed copy
of the Certificate of Authority from this office. The Board will then issue the
North Carolina Statutes
Secretary of State
Chapter 83A - Architects
- o 83A-8 - Qualifications for corporate practice
- o 83A-9 - Partnership practice
- o 83A-12 - Prohibited practice
North Carolina Administrative Code
Secretary of State
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity
NC Board of Architecture
- 21 NCAC 02 .0205 - Name of Firm
- 21 NCAC 02 .0214 - Corporate Practice of Architecture
- 21 NCAC 02 .0215 - Foreign Corporations
- 21 NCAC 02 .0218 - Limited Liability Companies
- 21 NCAC 02 .0219 - Registered Limited Liability Partnerships
Return to Main Page