Mr. Robert Newton
- President; Moses Cone - Wesley Long Community Health Foundation
- Association with committee: Volunteer
- Interest in Moldova: I am involved with several Rotary clubs who have a general interest in world community service projects, and a specific interest in projects in the Republic of Moldova.
- 35 yrs experience in healthcare management, administration, and finance.
Foundation address: 501 N. Elam Avenue, Greensboro, NC, 27403.
Personal address: 1 Gwyn Lane, Greensboro, NC 27403.
Office phone nr. 336-832-1200, fax 336-832-0024
home phone nr. 336-851-2748
office e-mail bob.newton@mosescone
home e-mail email@example.com
- I have traveled to Moldova twice, in the fall of 1999 and again in 2000, seeking cooperation with the Rotary Club of Chisinau in world community service projects. Have actually had more cooperation from others, including the NC Nat'l Guard personnel and related individuals whom we have met. Initial project ideas centered around support (health and education) of orphanages. More recently, have undertaken a project to establish the first Hospice in the country, in Zubresti. We are also working to link individual Rotarians with young people in Moldova who are aging out of orphanages and need support in order to stay in school, complete their education, and become productive citizens.
Back to NC Members