- Currently serves as the Chief Deputy Secretary of State in N.C. Responsible for the day-to-day domestic and international operations of the Department. Serves as chief advisor to Elaine F. Marshall, the first women elected to the Council of State in North Carolina. The Departmentís scope of responsibility encompasses the full range of commercial business financial capital formation activities in the state. This agency handles $40 million annually, and its responsibilities also include implementation of the Electronic Commerce Act of North Carolina.
- Served as NCís Senior Deputy Commissioner of Labor (1993-1996) and special assistant to the Attorney General of NC (1991-1992). Have also managed state-wide political election campaigns (1984, 1986, 1994, and 1996).
- Presently a member of the Board of Directors of the World Trade Center of NC and a participant in the international study of "Governance in the Digital Economy" being conducted by Digital 4Sight and Don Tapscott.
- In addition, presently serves as C.E.O. of Turner-Wilcox Farms L.L.C., a Georgia timber and agricultural operation.
- Received a B.A. in Political Science from NC State University in 1974 and a J.D. from Northwestern School of Law in 1976.
Back to NC Members